Shockwave Therapy (Acoustic Compression Therapy)
The PiezoWave Vet extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) also known at acoustic compression therapy (ACT) provides focused shockwave therapy for all species. This noninvasive device from Richard Wolf Medical Instruments is a true focused EWST unit that offers the practitioner less noise and patient discomfort while providing superior treatment control. You will also enjoy considerable savings as there are no treatment heads to replace.
- Less Noise – Does not startle patients or distract others in the clinic
- Less Patient Discomfort – Little or no sedation required
- Less Cost – No therapy heads to constantly replace
- scattering energy and provides for precise localization of irregular or damaged tissue.
- Biofeedback – The ability to “flare” an area and identify where the therapy will provide the greatest amount of benefit.
True focused shockwave delivers a clearly defined depth of penetration where you need it without scattering energy. Provides for precise localization of trigger points. Energy levels can be adjusted from .1 to 20 and 8 depth settings from 5mm to 60 mm using easily changed stand-off pads. The geometric arrangement of piezoelectric elements on the inside of the bowl-shaped applicator causes a pressure wave to self-focus towards the focal volume.
When simultaneously excited by a high-voltage pulse, the piezo-ceramic elements expand briefly along their axis by a few micrometers, creating a pressure wave and subsequent a acoustic wave in the focal volume. This results in an extremely precise and well-defined, small focal volume. This direct focus technology (without reflector) is extremely effective, precise and quiet. The equipment is extremely durable and requires little maintenance.
Indications for ESWT in large animals
- Insertion desmopathy
Inflammation of sesamoid bones
- Degenerative joint disease
- Fractures (pseudathrosis), fissures
- Periostal reactions
- Back musculature
Indications for ESWT in small animals
- Disorganized or delayed healing of fractures
- Malformation of the elbow and hip (dysplasias)
- Chronic back pain
Brochures and Articles
The PiezoWave Vet is manufactured by Richard Wolf Medical in Germany, the world leader in shockwave technology for human and animal use. For more information on Piezo-electric technology CLICK HERE
See the PiezoWave Vet being used.